Staying connected with those around you is important for those 55 and better. Social connections help protect health and lengthen life. As active adult builders of beautiful homes and communities for over 25 years, Cornerstone Homes, knows that creating communities where neighbors are able to connect with one another is essential.
Every Cornerstone Home community is designed with connectivity in mind. From sidewalks and walking trails to right-sized amenities with wonderful places and spaces for residents to connect with nature and neighbor. Special amenities like the Corner Patch Gardens allow residents to engage with one another. It’s in the growing and curating of nature and dirt therapy that friendships are forged.
Some helpful tips to build healthy support systems:
- Build strong relationships with your kids.
- Get active and share good habits with family and friends.
- Join a group focused on a favorite hobby, such as reading, hiking, or painting.
- Take a class to learn something new.
- Volunteer for things you care about in your community, like a community garden, school, library, or place of worship.
- Travel to different places and meet new people.
Every Cornerstone Community has a wide variety of clubs and social activities. Early neighborhood social hours and coffee hours allow residents to get to know one another before ever moving into the community. Social calendars are full in every community with activities – from book clubs to movie nights and cooking to history – there is something for everyone.
Learn more about our Cornerstone Home communities and come enjoy the social connections fostered in every one!