It is no secret that single level living makes life easy. Single level living is easy for you now, but more importantly, you can rest assured it will definitely be easy in your future. And it is just plain smart to be prepared for your future! Just think of the times you have run up the stairs and forgotten something on the first level? Up and down, up and down we go! And whether it is moving furniture, bringing in groceries, or doing laundry, doing anything on one level makes things much more manageable and enjoyable!
Cornerstone Homes, the expert in designing homes for those 55 and better, see the demand and popularity soaring for single level living homes. “We have been designing and building homes for those 55+ for over twenty years. With our experience and continued research on what this target market wants, we are on top of the latest home design trends for this age group. Our open-concept floor plans with spacious living areas on one level and our timely and lasting features, provides greater accessibility and are generally more cost effective. This and a laser focus on healthier and happier lifestyle amenities contribute to Cornerstone’s highly sought after communities in the Richmond and Fredericksburg area,” says Frank Lackman, President of Cornerstone Homes.
Knowing when it’s time to right size for YOUR future.
“Our homeowners are not downsizing to smaller spaces, they are rightsizing to a space that better fits their lifestyle and what they may need in the future,” said Craig Logue, Sales Director for Cornerstone Homes. For many of Cornerstone homeowners, it was time to get rid of that big home with stairs, unused spaces and too much yard work. They want to be in a new, energy efficient, single level home with more flexible spaces, and much more free time to just enjoy life with like-minded neighbors.
FACT CHECKED: The Benefits of Single Level Living
- Open Living – Open floor plans continue to be the most sought after design in homes. An open flow between the most used areas of the home – the kitchen, dining area, and living room – creates a feeling of connection. This holds true whether you are hosting a party or preparing a meal for your family. The open living concept also allows for more natural light and air, higher ceilings and large windows, which is a big plus!
- Expansion of one level living to the outdoors with sunrooms, covered patios, screened porches and courtyards– for relaxing or entertaining outdoors all year long. All Cornerstone homes are focused on bringing the outdoors inside!!
- Savings on maintenance and utilities – increased energy efficiency with single level homes because they are easier to heat and cool and room temperatures are much more even than two story homes – saving you a lot of money on your monthly bills!
- Safer to navigate – no stairs, no thresholds… and easier to evacuate!
- Easy cleaning – no more stairs to clean (a back breaking chore!) or schlepping vacuum or laundry up and down stairs. Enough said!
- Options for lower levels or upstairs bonus spaces for company or for additional entertainment areas to kick back and have some fun. Great for grandkids or just added space!
- Smart planning for the future – you are set for whatever life throws at you! Peace of mind is a great thing!
These benefits of single level living along with many other reasons are why our homeowners are living a healthier and happier lifestyle. And they love it! Cornerstone Homes offers a wide variety of sizes and styles of one level living homes. Come visit a location of your choice and find a plan that is just right for you! Each of our communities offer unique experiences: The Cove at Magnolia Lakes, The Grove at Lucks Lane, Barley Woods-The Villas of Fredericksburg, and Chickahominy Falls in Hanover.
Move in by year end when you purchase one of our Quick Move-In Homes!